Analysis - of NME front cover - My chemical romance.


I like the idea of changing the date in the corner to a totally different font to the rest of the magazine, it is suitable for this genre and give a quirky twist, also concentrating on the little details of the magazine.
I like the quote from the main person in the picture , and would like to incorporate it in my magazine, not only does it interest the reader into the interview/article, but also gives a story to the image.

I also like the use of the box on the left , its minimal but offers a more stylish indie way to present free poster whereas on a pop magazine for exapample the poster sticker/section may be more bright and fluorescent to entice the reader. Also the posters have a theme - 'mick rock', and the posters on this magazine seem less cheesy and more stylish opposed to say a pop magazine.And the posters also link to the main story/images genre of music.
The text used with the main image says ' Gerard sees red' - this links the image (the man with red hair) and the the use of the word 'red' in the text , I may consider using this for my own magazine as it links the image and text.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double page spread -(2) NME - Mark Ronson

Contents page -(1) just magazine

Front Cover (3) NME - Joe strummer